The President Mr. C.M. Bradley was authorized to buy all or the interest of any one heir of the Brower property lying North of the Harbor Springs and Petoskey highway, approximating 40 acres. This property is the east section of the current golf course.
Mr. C.M. Bradley authorized by unanimous vote hired Robert Foulis to lay out and re-arrange the entire golf course. Robert collaborated with his brother James, both played in early U.S. Opens, with James winning the second U.S. Open in 1896. Robert came to the U.S in 1895 at the request of Charles B. Macdonald and helped design and was the first golf professional at Lake Forest CC, which today is part of Onwentsia Club.